I’m working my way through Ready, Set Write! this summer 🙂
Week 5 Update:
1. How I did on last week’s goals: a very successful week, I am pleased to report. I cracked 5,000 words in my WIP, which was more than I wrote the entire month of June I think, so yay! I’m also in the place where I’m beginning to see the end. It’s still a little bit away but it’s not too far off. I also completed the 7 minute workout 5 times and went to the gym 5 times. Boo. Yeah. I did not prep for any recommendation letters, though I can’t really say I’m sad about that.
2. My goal(s) for this week: Same as last week – 500 words a day or more M-F. Prep for at least 3 recs. Go to the gym 5/7 days and do the 7 min workout 5/7 days.
3. A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised.
Content is a watered-down version of happy. Most people want to live their life being blissfully happy, don’t they? They want to feel fulfilled in their choices and by the people around them. One hundred percent certain that they did what they were meant to do. At least, that’s what I’ve always thought.
“That sounds like settling, Grandpa. No offense, but being content is not my goal.”
4. The biggest challenge I faced this week (ex. finding time to write): Honestly, not much? I’m officially on summer break and everyone else in my house is either at work or camp, so I’ve got as much peace and quiet as I need to get work done. That said, I do have the procrastination disease (hello social media) and will sometimes put things off until it’s too late in the day to do them. Mostly I’ve been really good about writing first thing and then exercising or vice versa. After lunch I save for other things.
5. Something I love about my WiP: It challenges me. I’m writing dual POV, male and female, and my female is very much not like me and not like many people I know IRL. She’s hard to wrap my head around and I have to really think hard about what she would say or do. It’s pushing me to be a more thoughtful writer.
How did YOU do?
7 thoughts on “RSW Week 5”
Great excerpt! And I always like when ppl use Grandpa, that’s what I called mine. =) My inlaws go w/Mamaw and Papaw, and sometimes it throws me off, lol! And yay for 5K!
Thanks! This WIP has a Grandpa and a Pop. 🙂
The POV switches can definitely be challenging! I’m doing 3 POVs and trying to make them distinct. I’ve been thinking to go write in a cafe and not turn on wifi to get more writing done. I never do that unless I’m meeting up with people (and then we talk, haha). Good luck with your writing this week.
I had an MC like that too once- she was so different from me and anyone I’ve known that it was hard to write her at first, but once I got into the story, her voice really came through.
Way to go on your goals and have a great week!
I love your excerpt! Sounds intriguing. 🙂 Yay for a week without many challenges! Those are few and far between. Good luck with this week’s goals, too!
Love your excerpt!!! Such a great glimpse into your character’s mindset. And congrats on a wonderful week! Cheering you on 🙂
That excerpt is awesome! It’s great to have difficult characters because they’re so eye opening! Have another great week!