We’re one week into Ready, Set Write! and ready to share updates of progress.
I set a bunch of general goals for the summer, some that won’t happen until I accomplish others or until I’m off work for the year (less than 2 weeks!) so until then I’m aiming for 500 words most days of the week on current WIP.
Week 2 Update:
1. How I did on last week’s goals: I managed a sad 1500 words this week, but I had one of the most stressful weeks ever of my work career, so I wasn’t quite in the headspace to be creative. I’m hopeful that I’ll be able to move past it this week and dive right back in.
2. My goal(s) for this week: Basically improve my word count over last week, which shouldn’t be too difficult. I do have a jam-packed weekend and I’m planning to make good use of my weekday writing time.
3. A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised.
“Are you sure? I know this isn’t your thing.”
“Please stop trying to convince me I don’t want to be here.” Theo’s voice is low like a warning, but a kind one.
“And it’s your thing, so today it’s my thing.”
Theo squeezes my hand, wraps an arm around my waist, and leads me back onto the convention center floor.
4. The biggest challenge I faced this week (ex. finding time to write): Work. Drama. Stress. Not being able to compartmentalize, which I normally am very good at.
5. Something I love about my WiP: That my characters feel completely real and flawed and I adore them.
Here’s hoping for a good week!