We’re 2 weeks into Ready, Set Write!
Week 3 Update:
1. How I did on last week’s goals: Last week was stressful but this week was just plain busy. I wrote even less, around 1000 words total, but they’re still words. I also managed to do a good amount of mental plotting, which I always find useful at the times I am able to sit down and write.
2. My goal(s) for this week: I’m out of town 3 days this week and have another busy weekend ahead, so my goal is just to write a little while I’m on my trip. The plane should be useful for accomplishing this one.
3. A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised.
I am sixty percent ready to think about this. The other forty percent of me wants to ditch the laptop, ignoring the white screen with black font listing for me the millions of decisions other people want me to make. That slice of me wants to slam the thing closed, jump in the car, and abandon all practical prospects, maybe taking on the open road to Vegas and seeing what opportunities throw themselves in my path. I can almost feel the wind in my hair as the very first blank space wins in a staring contest.
4. The biggest challenge I faced this week (ex. finding time to write): Time is the biggest factor. I’m so so close to having hours upon hours of writing time, so I’m hanging in there for now.
5. Something I love about my WiP: Even though I may not always be able to write what they say down right away, my characters keep on talking to me.