We’re 2 weeks into Ready, Set Write!
Week 3 Update:
1. How I did on last week’s goals: Last week was stressful but this week was just plain busy. I wrote even less, around 1000 words total, but they’re still words. I also managed to do a good amount of mental plotting, which I always find useful at the times I am able to sit down and write.
2. My goal(s) for this week: I’m out of town 3 days this week and have another busy weekend ahead, so my goal is just to write a little while I’m on my trip. The plane should be useful for accomplishing this one.
3. A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised.
I am sixty percent ready to think about this. The other forty percent of me wants to ditch the laptop, ignoring the white screen with black font listing for me the millions of decisions other people want me to make. That slice of me wants to slam the thing closed, jump in the car, and abandon all practical prospects, maybe taking on the open road to Vegas and seeing what opportunities throw themselves in my path. I can almost feel the wind in my hair as the very first blank space wins in a staring contest.
4. The biggest challenge I faced this week (ex. finding time to write): Time is the biggest factor. I’m so so close to having hours upon hours of writing time, so I’m hanging in there for now.
5. Something I love about my WiP: Even though I may not always be able to write what they say down right away, my characters keep on talking to me.
8 thoughts on “RSW Week 3”
An impromptu road trip sounds great! Especially when I’m stuck at work. =) Good luck to you this week!
Love the excerpt you shared! And I think for being so busy, you’re doing great! Thinking ahead and plotting for when you actually have the time to write will pay off I’m sure…One word at a time. Keep going 🙂 I’m cheering you on!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I love it when my characters keep talking to me long after I’ve shut down the laptop! That’s awesome! And I love the excerpt you shared! Also, you said it: 1000 words are better than none. Yay for progress! And I hope you are able to squeeze some writing time in this week!
1,000 words is still fantastic–even more so considering you were busy! I think that sounds like a good goal for this week too. I’m glad your characters are still talking to you on-topic too (my thoughts keep being hijacked by the wrong characters right now so I’m a tiny bit jealous 😉 ).
Good luck with this week, I hope travelling goes smoothly for you. 🙂
You’re doing awesome considering how much you’ve got going on! 🙂 Good luck finding time to write this week!
Well that’s pretty awesome that you wrote that much given your schedule! And yay for soon-to-be free time!
That’s awesome that you wrote so much even though you were busy last week! And also that even when you can’t write, you’re still working on writing. Hope you’re still hanging in there until you can get some free time!
Words are words. Well done on finding the time to write at all with such a hectic schedule. I love the excerpt, it was very relatable. Hope you’re having a nice weekend, and finding a few quiet moments to listen to your characters.