Starting TODAY, I’m participating in Ready. Set. Write! – program designed to increase productivity and accountability. In years past, I’ve had a lot of success with Camp NaNoWriMo, but I’m not in a place to start a new draft, so RSW sounds more up my alley.
This week we’re focusing on goal-setting. Here are mine:
1. Finish drafting current WIP. It’s a little more than half done, so I’m shooting for being done with the first draft by mid-July.
2. Revise and polish said WIP until it’s just right.
3. Revise and polish an older draft.
4. Write 35 college recommendation letters.
5. Make healthy choices.
Technically my summer won’t begin until June 25, but I’ll be doing my best until then.
Next week I’ll be reporting back with these headings:
1. How I did on last week’s goals.
2. My goal(s) for this week.
3. A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised.
4. The biggest challenge I faced this week (ex. finding time to write).
5. Something I love about my WiP.
Can’t wait to get started!
14 thoughts on “RSW Week 1 – Goals”
Good luck on your goals! 🙂 I hear ya on the healthy choices, I tend to eat way too much frozen yogurt when it’s so hot out!
Good luck with this summer’s goals! You’ve got a lot to keep busy with. The most important thing is to keep motivated.
I do have a lot but I am hopeful! Thank you 🙂
Good luck! I’m sure it will be a bright and polished gem at the end!
You don’t need to start a new draft for the CampNaNos (technically you don’t “need” to start a draft for any of the NaNos… make them work for you). That said… a longer less rushed writing challenge is good for creating a writing lifestyle. So hopefully the RSW will help. Great goals, btw.
I like to start fresh drafts for all things NaNo, just how my brain works. I do agree on being less rushed–makes me more likely to actually do it and still love it.
LikeLiked by 1 person
These are great goals! A little drafting, a little revising — and “make healthy choices” is always something smart to think of. Wishing you well on RSW this year!
Thank you, and to you as well!
Good luck with your goals! That’s crazy that your summer starts so late!
Very sad, but I’m looking forward to a lot of quiet quality time for 2 solid months 🙂
Good luck with your writing goals, and then the revising! I’m looking forward to hearing more about this new WIP of yours 😀
Thanks Laura xoxo