Well, we’ve made it to the end of 2016.
Maybe not quite in the same shape as when we started the year, but if you’re reading this, you’ve survived.
As we put 2016 to bed, I thought I’d share some of the things that were good in my world this year.
1. I sold a second book! It was a dream come true to see one book become real, but to be given the chance to do it again is overwhelming.
2. I went to Las Vegas for the first time and celebrated 10 years of marriage.
3. I retreated with some inspiring authors in the fall.
4. I gave my first professional (not writing related) conference presentation.
5. I held my words in my hands–it’s almost a real book!
I was also very entertained by the following books:
1. Girl Mans Up by M-E Girard
2. My Sister Rosa by Justine Larbalestier
3. Great Small Things by Jodi Picoult
4. Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty
5. Exit, Pursued By A Bear by E.K. Johnston
6. Wild Swans by Jessica Spotswood
7. Defending Taylor by Miranda Kenneally
8. Frannie & Tru by Karen Hattrup
9. Liars And Losers Like Us by Ami Allen-Vath
10. Unhooked by Lisa Maxwell
2017 debuts to look forward to (these are the ones I’ve been privileged to read already):
1. Kissing Max Holden by Katy Upperman
2. It’s Not Like It’s A Secret by Misa Suguira
3. The Love Interest by Cale Dietrich
4. The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
5. After The Fall by Kate Hart
6. How To Break A Boy by Laurie Devore
7. In 27 Days by Alison Gervais
8. Allegedly by Tiffany D. Jackson
9. The Girl With The Red Balloon by Katherine Locke
I’ll share more 2017 debuts as I make my way through them.
Favorite movies this year: Moana, Ghostbusters, Sing Street, Love & Friendship, The Edge of Seventeen, How To Be Single, and Rogue One.
Things to look forward to in 2017:
1. I feel like this goes without saying, but May 9, 2017 is going to be a pretty momentous day. My debut novel IT STARTED WITH GOODBYE will officially be published and available for public consumption.
2. My launch party will be May 13, 2017 at One More Page in Arlington, VA–I’d love to see you there!
3. I’m signing copies of my ARC at the American Library Association’ Midwinter Conference AND I’m on a panel with some fabulous authors.
4. I’m appearing at YABBAFest in Warrenton, VA in October.
5. I’ve got a few more signings/readings ideas in the works, so stay tuned.
Whether you’re celebrating this time of year or not, I hope you’re ushering in the new year with loved ones and doing something that brings you joy.
This post was originally sent to my newsletter subscribers. Miss a previous newsletter? Catch up HERE.