I’m working my way through Ready, Set Write! this summer 🙂
ANDDDDDD it’s over! I can’t believe we started this 12 weeks ago and those weeks are gone. The summer flew by so quickly. I’m back at work and already counting the days till next summer so we can do this all over again.
Here are my original goals l set back in June and how I did on them:
1. Finish drafting current WIP. It’s a little more than half done, so I’m shooting for being done with the first draft by mid-July. I did finish my draft! It was July 30 I believe, but I got it done.
2. Revise and polish said WIP until it’s just right. Almost. I was about a day or two away from being done and ready to send to readers when I changed directions. I added in a little twist and am only a few days away now from finishing that up.
3. Revise and polish an older draft. Bust. I didn’t do this, but I DID send it to a new reader and hope to make this my pre-NaNoWriMo project.
4. Write 35 college recommendation letters. I wrote 12. This is actually okay. I’m pretty fast at writing them at work and 23 isn’t that many in the grand scheme of things. Doable.
5. Make healthy choices. End of July I started the 21 Day Fix, which I enjoyed and saw some results from. I’ve taken a few weeks off since finishing and plan to start round 2 next week. It’s good for me as it preaches portion size, eating the right amount of calories (more than I’m used to), and uses daily workouts with weights. This should be easier once I’m in my new routine.
All in all, a positive and productive summer. Something I didn’t anticipate was prepping my WIP for contests. I’ve entered one and will enter another next week. This is an exciting new adventure for me and I’m interested to see how it all turns out,
A big thank you to all the hosts–this was really fun and so good for accountability. Can’t wait for next summer!!