I’m working my way through Ready, Set Write! this summer 🙂
Week 4 Update:
1. How I did on last week’s goals: Thank you to everyone who has been thinking good productive thoughts for me! I made great use of my travel time last week AND my first day of summer vacay Friday and got a solid 3500 words. I am so pleased and feeling a lot more confident going into my first full week of break. I also prepared for writing my college recs and downloaded a new fitness app–7 MWC (7 minute workout)–and started that Saturday.
2. My goal(s) for this week: 500 words a day or more M-F. Prep for at least 3 recs. Go to the gym 5/7 days and do the 7 min workout 5/7 days.
3. A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised.
“So. What’s going on? We don’t see you around these parts much.” I gesture to the stacks of books surrounding us. “Contemplating a career in academia?”
“I was thinking bodybuilding actually. These fuckers are heavy. I could have a six pack in about a week hauling these things around.”
4. The biggest challenge I faced this week (ex. finding time to write): Time and lack of structure. I was bound by someone else’s schedule last week so I basically had to make due with the little time I had. Luckily for me, the lack of wi-fi on the plane and the ridiculously long time it took my hotel to tell me my room was clean worked in my favor.
5. Something I love about my WiP: It’s funny. A CP read the first half this week and 95% of her comments were laughter.
Another thank you to everyone who cheered me on last week and left me comments – it helped tremendously. I’ll be commenting back this week for sure!